If all the parties are in agreement that a variation is required then all you need to do is:
- Let us have a copy of the lease
- Provide details of the changes you have agreed with the tenant
- Provide details of the tenant’s solicitors.
We will undertake the rest.
If the tenant has requested the changes then they would usually be responsible for the legal fees of the landlord.
By Application to the Tribunal
If the parties are not in agreement it may be possible to apply to the FTT for changes to the lease or all the leases within an estate where the lease fails to make “satisfactory provision” for:
- provision of services
- recovery of monies expended for the benefit of tenants or
- the computation of service charges.
Even where the lease does make satisfactory provision, where 75% of the parties request or support the variation and less than 10% object to the variation.
Again all we need is:
- a copy of the lease or leases
- details of why the specific provisions are unsatisfactory.
Our specialist team will assess what the approach of the FTT is likely to be and whether the FTT are likely to make an award of compensation to any party.
For more information please call us or complete the contact form in the top right-hand side of this page for a free call back.
Complete the form below and one of our specialists will call you to discuss:
All the staff at SLC Solicitors would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas...